Saturday, January 16, 2010

Washer necklaces

Recently, I've noticed quite a few tutorials for washer necklaces.  Believe me, they are really fun to make and really easy besides. You can find tutorials on how to make them here,  here, or here.

I used fabric, scrapbook paper, markers and a bubble gel created for rubber stamping.  The gel created a rounded, glass-like effect on the top -- most tutorials recommend using diamond glaze, but I couldn't find any in my local stores so I decided to try the gel instead.


 
I'm going to send the large green and orange necklace to my sister for her 28th birthday and keep the tree one for myself.  The tree on the rice paper backing is my favorite of all;  though,  I could see a possibility of some of the text ones becoming my favorite.  The larger of the text washers talks about witchcraft and some of the readable words are "witchcraft, airy nothingness, brew of words, elderly, women regroup, cursed."  Maybe the next time I am brewing up some of my herbal remedies I should wear this one for good luck!



1 comment: