Monday, January 4, 2010

Choosing a blog name




JOOT. For a while I have been trying to think of a good craft/art company name. I wanted something simple, kind of cute (I abhor the word cute but I'm going to use it here), and whimsical. I have been obsessed with owls for a long time. In 1998 when I met my husband, he packed around a large plastic owl used for scaring animals out of gardens. A short while later, I found myself creating owl crafts and adding a significant amount of owls to my already zany sketchbook drawings.
Three weeks ago, I was working on yet another owl project - this time a pottery barn inspired owl ornament - when the word JOOT came to me. It is a combination of "hoot, hoot" and the first letter of my last name. I immediately started looking up URL's with JOOT. Someone had registered both the Etsy account, and Joot.com so I chose JOOT JOOT. I am actually happier with the choice because according to Urbandictionary.com to joot joot is to take a pen or toy and use your imagination with it. So that's how it happened, I hope I end up liking the name in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment