Wednesday, January 4, 2017

My dog


Scrappy (otherwise known as Sir Pappington the 3rd)


Scrappy is a maltese-yorkie-poodle-?.  A friend of my husband's family was trying to sell the puppies as the designer-type Morkie for $800.  My husband, who has a lot more courage than me, wanted to get me a puppy, but wasn't willing to spend that kind of money on a dog.  He called the person and told her that he would pay $50 for a puppy.  She kindly declined and many weeks went by.  We had totally forgotten about a puppy.

After about 2 or 3 weeks, the lady had gotten rid of all of the puppies, except for the last one (Scrappy), which she thought she was keeping for herself. Well, she must of gotten tired of cleaning up after puppies because the night before my 35th birthday, she called my husband and sold him the puppy for $50!  My husband came home from work on a normal friday night, but it wasn't normal at all.  He was holding Scrappy!  A 3 lb. little tiny  bundle - he was so small, he looked like a baby squirrel. 

We tossed around quite a few names for him: Flea, Biggie Smalls, Copper (Kevin's mom has his sister and she is named Penny), but ultimately, we decided he was a scrappy little thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment