Sunday, May 29, 2011

Watercolor carrying case

The dilemma!!  Haha!  I'm packing to move and will soon be taking a 7-10 day road trip across the US.  We will stop at many beautiful places so I wanted a way to carry some extra paints with me.
The inspiration -- my old watercolor carrying case (with not enough colors available)



I've been reading lots of tutorials all over the web about converting Altoid boxes into miniature paint carrying cases. If you want to read about other carrying cases, just google "Altoid box watercolor carrying case."

Some of the colors I would like to have with me, but I don't want to carry a palette and this whole box.  Space is a premium in our little car with four people and a dog!!

All done!!  6 more colors -- Yay!!  I just pushed Sculpey clay  into the bottom and made miniature indentations into the clay with back of a pen.  I baked it at 275 degrees for 15 minutes.  When the box was cool, I added my new colors.

As you may or may not know, we live on the outskirts of Philadelphia (well for the next 12 days we do).

During a recent trip to the Philadelphia Zoo, I spotted these doors.  I want to make these for my dream home someday -- check out the handles.  

A perfectly bonsai'd Moutain Laurel in Wissahickon Valley Park

A beautiful old home in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia.

My backyard Eden is a website that allows people to post all their handmade projects.  If you want to check out all kinds of neat new DIY projects, click on the link below.

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden




No comments:

Post a Comment