Wednesday, February 10, 2010

books and blogs

Sometimes it is so hard to find a good book!  I will read my way through every author and go through these time periods of having nothing to capture my mind during a cup of coffee.  I will carouse the internet with a hot cup of coffee, but it isn't the same.. Lately I've found myself reading Mothering Nature, a blog about a widowed mother and her life since she lost her husband Jeff.  She has captured my heart with her beautiful writing and I have found myself crying more than once reading her blog.  I also read http://www.stillafamily.net/; another blog written by a widow.  Since I've been reading both of these blogs, I have appreciated my marriage and my husband more.  I have gone through times when I don't appreciate him enough, but these two mothers have made me realize it doesn't matter when he tracks mud through the house, leaves crumbs on the counter top, shaves his mustache into the sink, or doesn't vacuum.  Such small tedious things when I am reminded how I still have him to love and can call him to change the sheets when the boys have thrown up, or wipe the bum when I don't want to. 
Since this post is called books and blogs, you must be wondering about the book part.  Right?  (ha, ha).  Surprise, surprise the book I am reading is also about a widow and her two young children.  I am only 90 pages in, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about the story and find myself wanting to drink more coffee and tea so I can sit down and read it.  It's called Shelter Me by Juliette Fay; I found it in the new book section of my library.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment